If you’re thinking about doing a Hybrid event this fall, you might find yourself asking two very important questions:
What in the world is a Hybrid event?
Hybrid events are a combination of in-person and virtual events. You take your in-person event and you add a virtual element to it so your audience can participate and engage with your event, no matter where they are. Engagement is the key ingredient in hybrid events.
What does a Hybrid event look like?
There isn’t one simple answer that I can give you. It all depends on what you need. The first step in figuring out how you’re going to pull this off is to know what you can do in your Hybrid event. So, what can you do?
- Host your in-person event as usual, but let the audience see it virtually
- Have pre-recorded segments from speakers who couldn’t be in-person
- Fully integrate in-person and live presenters
- Implement live-chat functions for the virtual audience
- Have a virtual giving experience before, during and after your live event (FundAMeter)
You put a lot of effort into planning experience for your in-person participants. Applying that same care to your virtual audience as well will make sure they get the most from your hybrid event. There is no right or wrong way to put together a Hybrid event. If you keep in mind the overall look and feel of what you want, you’ll be able to find what’s right for your organization and get the best value for your event. If you have additional questions regarding any type of event please feel free to schedule a meeting.